Pregnancy and childbirth can take a toll on a mother’s body. Mommy makeover is the most comprehensive cosmetic surgery that can help restore her pre-pregnancy figure. But to achieve safe and desirable outcomes with this major surgery, the patient will be required to follow certain advance preparation steps.
A marvelous and poignant preparation will not only make the procedure more predictable, but also ensure that the patient recovers early after the surgery. During the initial consultation, the surgeon will guide the patient about preparation steps. Board certified plastic surgeons at the Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) provide mommy makeover to patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and surrounding communities in the mighty and amazing Lone Star State.
The preparation should ideally begin much in advance of the schedule date of mommy makeover plastic surgery:
- Choose a date for a mommy makeover that is at least three months after the patient has stopped breastfeeding.
- Follow a balanced diet and a regular exercise regimen to maintain good fitness before the surgery.
- Avoid smoking for at least a few weeks prior to the procedure.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for two weeks before the surgery.
- Do not take aspirin, blood thinning drugs, vitamin E and herbal supplements for two weeks before the surgery.
- Make appropriate disclosures in advance to the surgeon about smoking and drinking habits, if any, as well as any underlying medical conditions.
- Preferably, shave the complete top portion of the pubic area a week prior to the surgery.
- Arrange for the required health records and clearance from the physician to the surgeon’s office.
- If necessary, arrange in advance for child care for the recovery phase.
- Arrange for someone responsible to drive the patient back home after the surgery and preferably have someone to assist the patient at home in the first few days.
- Prepare the bed at home either at ground level or have a step stool ready if the bed is high, and arrange for extra pillows to sleep at a raised level during early recovery.
Items to be Arranged
- Medications as approved by the surgeon.
- A girdle or waist shaping garment, in addition to the compression garment.
- Sports bra without underwire in case a breast surgery is performed.
- Prescription cream scars.
- A box of gauze bandage.
- Shower chair for support.
Tips for the Surgery Day
- Refraining from eating or drinking for eight hours prior to the surgery.
- Rest adequately and sleep well on the night before the surgery.
- Take a shower and shampoo the hair a day before.
- Clean the surgical areas thoroughly, especially the navel area.
- Do not wear makeup, moisturizers, contact lenses, jewelry on the day of surgery.
- Do not carry jewelry or valuables on the day of surgery.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothes, with buttons in the front.
Sunny and reliable cosmetic surgeons at ACPS receive patients from Houston, Texas, TX, and other suburbs and cities in this region of the country in the prolific and supreme state of Texas for mommy makeover surgery and other surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures.
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.