Preparation is a vital component of the Brazilian butt lift cosmetic surgery procedure, and will have a bearing on the final outcome. Preparation begins from the time the patient has decided to undergo Brazilian butt lift, and will continue till the day of the surgery. Experienced plastic surgeons at the Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) provide this procedure to patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and surrounding communities.
Before the Initial Consultation
Prior to the initial consultation with the surgeon who will perform Brazilian butt lift plastic surgery, the patient should:
- Arrange for previous medical and surgical records, including information of about any current conditions, allergies, and weight fluctuations.
- Get in touch with the insurance company to find out under what conditions their health plan may fully or partially cover the costs of Brazilian butt lift.
- Prepare a list of all medications, including prescribed and over the counter as well as herbal supplements and vitamins, in order to inform the surgeon during the consultation.
- Make a list of any questions, doubts, and concerns that the patient may want to clarify during the consultation.
- Go through magazines and websites to identify images of how the patient may want their backside to look.
After the Consultation
At the time of initial consultation, the cosmetic surgeon will provide several instructions and guidelines to be followed as a part of the preparation process. The patient should be willing to follow these guidelines carefully in order to make their procedure safer and more effective.
- Review as many Brazilian butt lift before and after photos as possible in order to form realistic expectations.
- Schedule the surgery during a period of least interference at the social or professional level.
- Apply for leave from work for at least one week to recover from the surgery.
- Complete any major household or professional tasks well in advance in order to have minimal strain and stress during the post-operative recovery phase.
- Stop smoking for at least two to three weeks prior to the date of surgery, and stay committed to continue this way for a few weeks after the surgery.
- Arrange for aftercare and transportation to home following the surgery.
- Re-schedule prescribed as well as non-prescribed medications as advised by the surgeon and in consultation with the physician.
- Finalize the financing options well in time in order to pay for the costs of surgery in convenient monthly installments.
Dedicated cosmetic surgeons at ACPS receive patients from Houston, Texas, TX, and nearby areas for Brazilian butt lift surgery.
A Day before the Surgery
Get adequate sleep the night before the surgery, and avoid drinking alcohol for at least 48 hours prior to the surgery. Do not eat or drink for eight hours before the surgery. Go over the post-op care instructions and clarify any last-minutes doubts or concerns with the surgeon or staff. Arrange for several soft pillows at home, which will be needed during the early recovery phase as the patient will not be able to sit directly on their buttocks.
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery(ACPS)physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.