Before their otoplasty plastic surgery, the patient should undertake certain preparatory steps to ensure that they are appropriately prepared for the procedure.
Patients who prepare adequately for the ear reshaping surgery will typically feel more confident and accomplish higher levels of satisfaction with the outcomes.
Board certified plastic surgeons at the Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) provide otoplasty to patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and surrounding communities across the horizon.
Prior to the Consultation
Ideally, the patient should start their otoplasty preparation from the minute the surgeon establishes them as a candidate for ear reshaping surgery. The following important preparatory steps should be taken beforehand:
- Arrange to send previous health records from the physician or the hospital to the surgeon’s office. The surgeon will review these records to understand the patient’s pre-existing medical conditions along with sinus, breathing problems, or allergies to develop the surgical plan accordingly.
- Contact the insurance company to understand the circumstances in which full or partial otoplasty costs may be covered.
- Enlist all prescription and non-prescription medications, including vitamins and herbal supplements that the patient presently uses.
- Assess the surgeon’s practice website to understand their background and credentials, and the steps involved in otoplasty surgery to prepare for a more cohesive consultation.
- Make a list of all questions that the patient wants to ask the surgeon during the pre-operative consultation to clarify their concerns and doubts.
Diet and Fitness
The patient should choose a well-balanced diet in the weeks or months ahead of the scheduled otoplasty cosmetic surgery. They should take a diet rich in lean proteins to enhance the body’s resilience to undergo surgery and aid in a faster recovery.
Furthermore, the patient should follow a regular exercise and fitness regimen as well. It is important for a patient to be fit and healthy for a surgical procedure such as otoplasty.
Before the Surgery
Working professionals should budget for at least a week of leave from their workplace to recover from the surgery. They should also consider a second week of limited physical activity at work.
The patient should complete any pressing home or work-related tasks in advance before the surgery to be able to enjoy a relaxed and comfortable recovery period.
Ear reshaping surgery is usually performed as an outpatient procedure, and a majority of patients will be able to return home on the day of the surgery itself. They should ask someone responsible to drive them back home after the procedure.
The patient should also ideally arrange for aftercare for the initial two or three days following the otoplasty, especially if they have small kids to care for.
The patient should take sufficient rest and get plenty of rest on the night prior to the surgery. On the day of the surgery, they should wear loose-fitting, front-open clothing to the surgical venue.
Experienced cosmetic surgeons at the ACPS receive patients from Houston, Texas, TX, and nearby areas in the amazing state of Texas for otoplasty.
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.
Click here to see our pricing list.