In comparison to the primary breast augmentation procedure, a breast implant revision cosmetic surgery is usually more complex.
However, the steps involved in the breast removal surgery preparation will be quite similar to the original breast enhancement procedure. During the pre-op consultation, the surgeon will explain these steps to the patient in detail.
Patients who are adequately prepared usually experience lesser pre-operative anxiety and have a better possibility of achieving safe and effective outcomes. Board certified plastic surgeons at the Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) provide breast implant removal to patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and surrounding locations.
The below-mentioned guidelines will enable the patient to prepare appropriately for breast implant removal:
- Arrange to have the health records sent from the physician and specialist directly to the surgeon’s office
- Enlist all medications such as prescription drugs, NSAIDs, blood-thinner, herbal supplements and vitamins that the patient currently uses
- Get medical tests and mammograms done according to the instructions of the surgeon
- If the surgeon wants to alter the schedule of any prescription drugs, they will do so in discussion with the prescribing physician
- In case the patient is a smoker, they will need to quit smoking for the period specified by the surgeon
- Complete any urgent work-related or household tasks in advance of the procedure to enjoy a relaxed recovery duration
- Ask a family member or friend or engage a caregiver for assistance during the early recovery period, as required
- The patient should enlist someone responsible to drive them home following the breast removal plastic surgery
The patient should follow the preparation guidelines of the surgeon in a committed manner for the sake of her own safety.
Do’s and Don’ts
The surgeon’s team may provide the patient with a copy of common surgery instructions or do’s and don’ts to allow her to prepare for her impending breast implant revision plastic surgery. These guidelines may include:
- Do not use aspirin, ibuprofen, and other blood-thinning meds as well as NSAIDs for a minimum of two weeks prior to the surgery.
- Do not take vitamin C, vitamin E, homeopathic remedies, herbal medicines, and supplements, for at least two to four weeks prior to the procedure.
- Avoid wearing makeup, body piercings, jewelry, or contact lenses to the surgical venue.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable shoes, and clothing on the day of the surgery. The top should ideally be front-open as the procedure involves the upper body.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol for a minimum of 48 hours before the surgery.
- In case the breast revision surgery is being undertaken general anesthesia, avoid eating and drinking for eight hours before the procedure.
- Patients with diabetes should have their parameters evaluated on the morning of the procedure.
Some patients may experience post-operative anxiety and stress a day before the procedure. The surgeon may prescribe an anti-anxiety medication for the patient to be taken a night before the procedure in such cases. Cosmetic surgeons at the ACPS receive patients from Houston, Texas, TX, and nearby areas for breast implant removal.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.
Click here to see our pricing list.