Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and Men

Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and Men | Houston Cosmetic SurgeryLooking marvelous is one of the deepest needs of an individual. However, maintaining good looks becomes a challenge as a person ages or gets more exposed to environmental factors, stress, unhealthy lifestyle, or illness.
This is where cosmetic surgery procedures can have a transformative influence on an individual’s physical appearance as well as their inner confidence.
Millions of Americans now seek aesthetic surgical and non-surgical procedures every year and attain satisfactory outcomes. While majority of these procedures are still chosen only by women, a growing number of men are now willing to consider these procedures to enhance their personality. High success rates and increased predictability of results have made these procedures more popular than ever before.
Board certified and percipient plastic surgeons at the Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) provide cosmetic procedures to patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and other towns and cities in this part of The Lone Start State.

High Growth Rate

The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) in its recent multi-specialty statistical report said that American women and men spent more than $15 billion on surgical and non-surgical procedures in 2016. This comes to a year on year growth of 11 percent over the previous year.
About 56 percent of the procedures performed were related to plastic surgery, while the remaining 44 percent were non-surgical procedures. The amount of $15 billion is the largest amount spent on aesthetic procedures in one year ever since ASAPS instituted its annual Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics survey about 20 years ago.
According to the researchers at ASAPS, the trends in aesthetic procedures are now changing. A growing number of women and men now want more refined and understated procedures. For instance, more women now want to receive fat transfer breast augmentation to increase their breast size because they feel traditional breast implants may be too obvious. Breast lift surgery is also a sought after procedure now because it creates subtle results.
However, these changing trends are no indicator that the demand for breast augmentation is going down in absolute terms. More women still prefer breast implant surgery, and it continues to rank among the most in-demand surgeries. Procedures once considered niche, such as vaginal rejuvenation, are now becoming mainstream. Men increasingly seek procedures such as abdominoplasty, liposuction and neck lift.

Five Most Popular Procedures

The five most popular procedures in 2016, as per the ASAPS figures, for both women and men combined, include:

  • Liposuction – 414,335 procedures
  • Breast Augmentation – 310,444 procedures
  • Tummy Tuck – 181,540 procedures
  • Eyelid Surgery – 173,883 procedures
  • Breast Lift – 161,412 procedures

Liposuction surgery is designed to reduce stubborn fat pockets from specific areas of the body to create enhanced contours.
Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation using implants or fat transfer continues to be a procedure of choice for many American women.
Tummy Tuck
Tummy tuck, clinically known as abdominoplasty, is designed to create a firmer and more youthful looking abdomen.
Eyelid Surgery
Upper or lower eyelid surgery as well as a combined procedure can create a youthful eye appearance.
Breast Lift
Breast lift can remove excess skin from the breasts to make the breasts look firmer and more youthful. Remarkable and cutting edge cosmetic surgeons at ACPS receive patients from Houston, Texas, TX, and nearby areas.
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.