Skin Removal Surgery
Gaining freedom from excess weight or obesity is vital to restoring your health and cosmetic appearance. However, sometimes the advantage you get from a weight loss surgery may be offset because of the appearance of sagging or hanging skin some areas of the body. Multiple pregnancies or aging process may also sometimes lead to unsightly folds of loose skin in some body area.
Excess skin may also result in problems, such as sores and rashes, skin infection, general discomfort, and restrictive movements. You may also feel self-conscious about wearing certain types of clothes. All these problems can be successfully resolved with a skin removal surgery. It may be necessary to undergo this plastic surgery procedure if the skin has become overstretched and inelastic. A diet or fitness program may not help in restoring tighter skin.
Your surgeon will advise you the appropriate customized surgical plan to eliminate loose and droopy skin. Board certified plastic surgeons at the Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) provide skin removal surgery to patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and surrounding locations.
Types of Skin Removal Procedures
Excess skin removal surgery may involve one or more of the following plastic surgery procedures:
- Tummy Tuck: Clinically known as abdominoplasty, this surgery is aimed at removing loose and sagging skin from the waist area. It may additionally involve repair of weak muscles and belly button repositioning.
- Body Lift: This cosmetic surgery can be performed as an upper or lower body lift or a full body lift that combines the two procedures. A body lift could include procedures such as arm lift, back lift, thigh lift, and butt lift surgery.
- Body Contouring: Liposuction body contouring and fat reduction surgery may sometimes be combined with a skin removal surgery to produce more youthful and natural looking results. If you have excess fatty tissue deposits along with loose skin, you may need liposuction.
- Mommy Makeover: Following pregnancy, many women may develop excess skin and undesirable fat deposits in one or more areas of the body. A mommy makeover can restore a woman’s pre-pregnancy look. Skin removal surgery is often included in this procedure.
Who is a Candidate for this Surgery?
Skin removal surgery may be an ideal solution for people who are unhappy with the appearance of drooping or hanging skin following a weight loss surgery, pregnancy, or aging effects. Your body weight should have stabilized if you are considering this procedure after weight loss. The procedure may not be advised for someone who is planning a pregnancy or a weight loss program in the near future. You should also be prepared to stop smoking for at least a few weeks before and after the surgery.
Steps Involved in the Procedure
Although skin removal plastic surgery procedure steps are standardized, some adjustments may be made depending on your customized surgical plan. The steps involved in the procedure will usually be as follows:
- Administering of general anesthesia in the operating room
- Placement of incisions in discreet, marked locations
- Excess skin removal through the incision sites
- Tightening and reshaping of the remaining skin to improve definition and create youthful contours
- Re-draping the skin smoothly over the area and incision closure
- Covering the incision sites with a compression garment
Cosmetic surgeons at the ACPS receive patients from Houston, Texas, TX, and nearby areas for skin removal surgery.
Contact The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery in Houston, Texas for More Information
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.
Click here to see our pricing list.
Serving Houston, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Katy, Friendswood, Pearland, League City, Richmond, Spring, Humble, Kingwood, Stafford, Cypress, Fulshear, Missouri City, River Oaks, Piney Point, Hunters Creek, Memorial Close In, Bunker Hill, Southside Place, Afton Oaks, Tanglewood, Crestwoods and all other surrounding Greater Houston, Texas communities and more.