Neck lift cosmetic surgery procedure can help create a sculpted, youthful neck appearance and make a person look slimmer and younger. Although the procedure is relatively less invasive, but it still requires a thorough preparation process to help ensure safe and desirable results. The surgeon will discuss the preparatory steps with the patient during the neck lift consultation.
A patient who is adequately prepared will typically feel more confident about the procedure and will achieve better satisfaction levels once the surgery is over.
Patients should diligently follow the preparation process to pave way for a smooth surgery. Board certified and profound plastic surgeons at the Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) provide neck lift to patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and surrounding locations in this part of The Lone Star State.
Steps for Preparation
The patient should take the following steps for preparation before the neck lift surgery:
- Request the physician, specialist or hospital to send the patient’s past medical records to the surgeon’s office for their review
- Make a detailed list of medications, herbal supplements and vitamins that the patient may be currently using
- Complete any x-ray or laboratory tests as advised by the surgeon
- Adjust the schedule of prescription medications, if advised by the surgeon in consultation with the prescribing physician
- Refrain from smoking for a specified time period as instructed by the surgeon
- Complete all urgent tasks at home and office well before the surgery in order to have a stress-free initial recovery at home
- Arrange for someone responsible to drive the patient back home after the neck lift surgery
- Apply at least one week’s leave at the workplace from the date of surgery
One Day before Surgery
Just a day prior to the neck lift surgery, the patient should follow these simple preparatory tips:
- Rest sufficiently at home and sleep early on the night before the surgery
- Avoid eating or drinking anything for eight hours prior to the schedule neck lift surgery
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 48 hours before the surgery
- Avoid wearing any jewelry, makeup, body piercings, nail paint, or contact lenses while going to the surgery center
- Choose comfortable clothes, including a loose fitting top with buttons in the front to wear on the day of the surgery
- If the patient suffers from diabetes, they should have their vital health parameters checked on the morning of the surgery
In all likelihood, a patient will have some degree of anxiety or pre-op stress just a day before the surgery. In some cases, the surgeon may prescribe a calming medication for the night before the neck lift surgery. Patients can do some advance planning at home to make their post-surgical recovery more comfortable.
They should have pain relievers, loose fitting clothes, extra pillows, ice packs, gauze bandage, and other items at home before they undergo the surgery. Successful and astute cosmetic surgeons at the ACPS receive patients for neck lift and various other procedures to patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and nearby communities and neighborhoods in this part of the country.
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.