Childbirth can cause tremendous stress on the female body. Your body can be impacted in major ways from everything from pregnancy to childbirth stress. This is often outside the woman’s control. Mommy makeover treatment is a poignant option for mothers looking for more confidence and comfort in their post-pregnancy body.
The treatment combines several surgeries into a single procedure. Taking all of this into account, it’s paramount that you prepare for the surgery for best results. Seasoned board-certified plastics surgeons at the Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) provide mommy makeover surgery to patients in Houston, Texas, TX, and surrounding locations.
Two Weeks Before Mommy Makover
Tips to prepare for a mommy makeover two weeks before the scheduled plastic surgery:
- Stop all nicotine and tobacco products, including sprays, patches, and gums
- Stop taking ibuprofen, aspirin, fish oil, vitamin E, and herbal remedies among any other thing that may act as a blood thinner or interact poorly with anesthesia
- Your surgeon will perform a pre-operative physical exam to clear you for the surgery and anesthesia
Five Days Before Mommy Makeover
- If you are a cat owner, you should ask your relative or friend to keep them for a few days. Their litter habits can increase the risk of infection. Dogs that defecate outside the house can remain.
- Stop alcohol consumption.
- Arrange for childcare and personal needs since you won’t be able to drive or lift anything heavy for several days following the surgery.
Two Days Before Mommy Makeover
- Shave the upper pubic area and legs.
- Get your prescriptions filled. You should purchase a stool softener since bowel movements can get difficult for 1 – 2 days following the surgery.
One Day before the Mommy Makeover
- Take an enema for loosening bowels and reducing constipation discomfort
- Don’t eat or drink anything after midnight
Day of Mommy Makeover Cosmetic Surgery
- Don’t shave again since that can increase the risk of infection
- Take another enema if you want to
- Take all morning medications to the surgeon’s office and have them only after gaining the surgeon’s approval
- Wear comfortable and flexible clothing which allows breathing room following surgery
Preparing for Mommy Makeover Recovery
Mommy makeover recovery timeline depends on the procedure you choose. Most patients need at least two weeks before they can resume normal activities. You should follow the pre- and post-operative preparation guidelines. Don’t forget to discuss any concerns you may have with the surgical team. It’s crucial that you set aside adequate time for rest. You should avoid any strenuous activities during this time.
You won’t be able to lift anything heavy for a few weeks following the procedure. This means you would need to arrange for someone else to help you with childcare. You may also need help around the house following the mommy makeover procedure. Patients are recommended to plan ahead where meal planning and medications are concerned. It’s easier when you have everything you need within reach.
Cordial and capable cosmetic surgeons at the ACPS receive patients from Houston, Texas, TX, and nearby areas for mommy makeover surgery.
Contact The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery in Houston, Texas for More Information
For more information about The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) physicians and the cosmetic surgery treatments and procedures they perform please click here or call us at 713.799.9999. We have offices in and around Houston, Texas.
Click here to see our pricing list.
Serving Houston, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Katy, Friendswood, Pearland, League City, Richmond, Spring, Humble, Kingwood, Stafford, Cypress, Fulshear, Missouri City, River Oaks, Piney Point, Hunters Creek, Memorial Close In, Bunker Hill, Southside Place, Afton Oaks, Tanglewood, Crestwoods and all other surrounding Greater Houston, Texas communities and more.